Wednesday, March 19, 2008

the new new...

so i haven't posted in a while and i thought i would do a little catch up posting. first of here's why i haven't posted in a while...i just started a new job in a new city. So i've been in between places of work and getting situated. Now that I'm back in the swing of things I'll just go on and blog about the first thing on my mind.

I have a 1 hour commute to work every morning. I leave my house at 6:00 am and get to my job at about 7:15 am. So I listen to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. All the other people I used to work with used to listen to NPR and stuff like that. Me I can't get into it, they wanna have all these heavily intellectual conversations about current issues. Not me, I just wanna listen to some good music, a little bit of comedy (Steve and Nephew Tommy) and then maojr current events that affect me.

Tuesday, Steve (Bully, there you go, one nigga named Steve...LOL) they was responding to the comments that Barack's pastor made in support of Obama's campaign. He kinda got off track, instead of tackling issues as to why people should support the Obama campaign he went off on a tangent talking about how our foreign relations are messed up. An interesting point that was later brought up on the show is that people in other countries tend to have a disliking to us because of our relations with their country.

These relations are a result of our country's foreign relations policies. But as citizens, we only vote for two things: candidates, and local issues. Yet day in and day out we deal with people and foreigners that talk shit about us because of the way our country be acting up.

Anyways, some CNN analyst was like "I don't know why he's bringing up all these dead issues." He was referring to Pastor Wright commenting on Vietnam, Hiroshima, and Iraq. A lady called in and made a very intelligent comment..."Dead to Who?" I thought that was funny cus she was referring to the CNN analyst trying to dismiss that issues like those above and racism and our use of the race card, is a dead issue.

So yeah, sorry this ain't quite a typical team diesel post. But with so much on the line in this election, I think we owe it to ourselves to atleast be aware of the issues going on.

My name is edot carter and I approve this message!

1 comment:

RAGING BULL said...

I feels you E-dot.

That Foreign policy thing is all types of serious. We used to have it all types of fucked up one way before WWII where we didn't get involved in shit and fucked around and let that asshole Adolph get to power. After that we got that whole "Nip it in the bud" and went too fuckin' far.

That shit is fine ass line to walk, but honestly I would much rather have everyone hate us than have a muthafuggin genocide going on.......Too bad we have both.