Since The bully's friend Q is really paying attention to the posts and serious about getting in shape, i thought i would give a little insight on chicks and lifting.
The biggest misconception that women have with lifting weights is: Lifting will make me big and bulky. Don't no chick wanna look like Chyna. So when a girl says she's "working out" she's doing some cardio and some crunches.
Maybe week one will go by and she will notice that she's lost like 5 pounds. So she's happy. She keeps pushing and next thing you know she's stuck at the five pounds and that's all she can lose.
Well here's where that apporach is breaking down. All that cardio is really doing good for your heart, but it's doing very little towards burnign the body fat, which is ideally what most women are trying to do. Your body burns very little fat when you're actually working out.
That's where weight training comes into play. See when you do resistance training, you are creating these microscopic tears in your muscle tissue. Within an hour after you're done working out, your body goes into repair mode to fix the little microscopic tears that you've got. So it's trying to pull protein from everywhere in your body to make these fixes. that's why it's important to supply your body with protein right after a hard workout.
Now the fat burning properties of muscle are what makes resistance training all the more worth it. In order to sustain muscle, your body goes to your fat stores first. It's during intense activities, typically after 20 mins and your heart rate is elevated, that your burns carbodhydrates and sugars for energy. (This explains why the "fat burning" level on most cardio machines is so much less intensive than the "cardio" level)
so ladies, don't be afraid to lift. And remember, the biggest muscle groups burn the most fat when you're resting. So when you lift focus on your chest, back, and legs. Also isloation exercises, like dumbells instead of barbells, use a bunch of secondary muscle fibers during the course of the exercise motion. So when you do the incline dumbell press, you're working on your chest, but in order to keep your body aligned properly, you're involuntarily using your shoulders, your back and your abs.
One more thing, lifting makes you a whole lot more aggressive when it comes to beatin and skeetin. And in the long run of things, that's all we ever really care about...
-e-muffugin-dot!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Hell Yeah....E-dot is my Niggapino!!
The only thing I wanna add is that the Gluteal muscles are another large muscle group. Soooooo building up a phat ass helps to keep you from being a....well...a fat ass.
*choking at Bully's comment*
I'm going to send this link to my chicks
That sounds like a good idea, QQ!
We are like personal trainers except you don't have to go through that weird creepy feeling when you are trying to figure out if your trainer is touching you to actually "help your form" or just trying to cop a feel.
Cause you'd be both trying to help AND cop a feel?
Both of us helping a feel......really Q. E-dot is really light skinned and smiles a lot. You know he ain't gonna do nothing like that.
And we with me...you know you aren't even gonna have to wonder. Of course I'm gonna be feeling you up.
Yo Boyses
Yesterday I tried free weight for the first time.....12.5ers cause I AM a lightweight!!!(and pussy too, save it! I could Lift more but not sustain it really) but I guess Ima need to print out a workout sheet or something cause I only did what I could remember
Aight, QQ, you prolly don't need to do the crap that we do. We are tageting diffrent goals, in most aspects of lifting, than you are. I'll throw something together that I think would be good and we can see what E-dot thinks would prolly work good for you.
Give you a little variety so you can both keep things fresh and figure out what works best for you.
Which one of ya's what to be my personal trainer???Is there such a thing as long distance personal trainer? Oh well. I'm just tired of looking like the same 'ol Tiff. I did get that creeeeepy feeling from the personal trainer at bally, so much so I canceled my membership. Thanx for the advice.
And LOL at the fat ass comment...
Oh Tiff Bally's and their creepy staff/testosterone carriers.... a damned mess
I'll be on the look out for that training routine!!
Actually we could start the very first cycle of long distance personal training or what i will call LDPT (just had to use an acronym, LOL!) Anyways, each program is specific to what you want to achieve in terms of goals, like the bully said. With that in mind, we can start you off with a very broad training regimen and then fine tune out the exercises that aren't really contributing to your goals i.e., if you want to be a long distance runner, why in the hell would you lift three times a week?
the edot and the bully will now be taking our first clients. actually this gives me an idea for a website...
but yeah email me or the bully what you want to accomplish and we'll put together a plan. Then maybe once or so every couple months, we can visit and check on that young progress.
I’m with Tiffany, personal trainer please.
Yoooo, we got Ms. Puddin over here.
You should holla at my homeboy, E-dot. He is one of you rare Left Coast Bloggers.
And So is the 3rd member of Team Diesel that hasn't started up, but don't worry...BIG C is comin'!!
I love lifting! Thanks for recognizing the importance of resistant training. So many women don't want to do it for the reason that you pointed out.
It's nothing like having that wonderful toned look to your legs and arms. I love it!
And by the way- you're right. The glutes are a great area to target lol
Post a Comment