Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The "only good day is yesterday" workout Plan

That is one hell of a challenge and I am more then willing to run a marathon. And the following will display my commitment to the challenge...

The Navy SEaL's have a motto during their indoctrination (better known as Hell Week) phase of training; "The only good day was yesterday". What does this mean one may ask; well yesterday is over and today brings more hell the yesterday. Well I want to bring that mentality back to my workouts. I want to be in the shape I was in before I was going to go in the Marines.


Motivated was my middle name when it came to hardcore workouts. However, when I went to Seattle I couldn't get into the groove of working out and running like I did in Cali and Florida. I'm back and ready to work!! There are some lifestyle changes that I will have to make (i.e. eating out all the time, eating late, and eating nasty foods) which will be the hardest part of this transition. Below is my workout plan. Everyday has a different theme as well as my motives for what I will be doing.


Sunday:

Cardio Chil-lax day..

This is a day where I can run on the beach, and gather my thoughts. For bad weather, I will be at Magic 24 hr FitnASS for the view...(jiggling Booty is also relaxing to me).

-Run for 30 mins

-Sprints @ Max Stride, Max Form, and 50% power*

*You are concentrating more on technique then speed. This will create muscle memory for the sprints at Military power (75%) and above.




Mondays and Thursdays (Get LOW, Low, low, low):
-I will concentrate on my lower body, as well as my obliques. Squats, Dead lifts, and lunges will be my primary lifts, with leg extensions, leg curls, and calve raises will be supplementary lifts. All lifts will be 3 set of 12 reps to build both muscle strength as well as muscle endurance.
-My running activity will be a light 30 minute run

Tuesdays and Fridays (Put some Hurr on your chest):
-These are upper body exercises with primary focus on my chest, back and core. Bench, rows, and crunches/back exercises will be my primary lifts, with decline/incline, lat pulls, pull ups, and reverse crunches/flutter kicks and supermans will be my secondary lifts.
-Running will be 12 min warm up followed by 5 100yd dashes and 10 50 yr dashes

Wednesdays (Explosive!!)
-These days are full-body movement exercises, such as cleans, hang cleans, and plyometric workouts ( I just named my primary workout). I will also work my shoulders, biceps and triceps, with curls, pull downs, and shoulder press/butterflies. All exercises will be accompanied by sprints and agility drills.

Saturday Morning (The Crucible):
5 to 10 mile March with 75 lbs on my back..Ipod in my ear. After the march, push-ups, crunches, Pull-ups.
-Every 4Th Saturday: USMC Physical Fitness Test (PFT)

Well there you have it....My workout...Pray for me!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah...and I can't drink during Training ya'll...(pause Pause Pause)...MAN I'm JUST BULLSHITTIN...LOL

RAGING BULL said...

LOLOL you had a nigga with the sad face for quick second right there!!

Anonymous said...

that's some brolic man-shit right there... i'ma sit this one out

Anonymous said...

Q....you can do it gurl....show these men they ain't shit!!