Wednesday, June 4, 2008

GObama 2008!

On June 3, 2008 Sen. Barack Obama becomes the first African American to lead a presidential candidacy on a major ticket.

This marks a historic occasion in not only Black History, but also in American history. It shows that we as a country and as a people have taken the next step in uniting and coming together. Being an African American, Obama won not only a majority of the African American votes, but also a fair share of the non-african american vote.

It's a great feat for anyone to bring people together and work towards a common goal. Indeed it is a truly glorious occasion. I know that there are some of us, or some of our parents that didn't think they would live to see this happen. A black man running for president and having a good chance of winning. This is a celebration not only for us but for those that have come before us and those to follow.

In the midst of all the celebration, there are those who choose to rain down and say Obama stands for nothing more than socialism, that his candidacy is some sideshow that is merely a means to draw attention and garner popularity.

Yeah right.

On the contrary, Obama's candidacy stands for a step forward in uniting a country that only 42 years ago from today didn't allow african americans to vote. Unity is the ultimate goal. The uniting of a people can change the world. As with every great feat it requires a first step.

Obama in 2008 for president is the first step.

Obama (to everyone else)
"Big up to all my haters!"

1 comment:

RAGING BULL said...

This is big...like HUGE big. I soooo wish some of those cats like Malcom X and Huey Newton and Bobby Seal and Medgar Evars and Martin Luther King could be here now and rejoicing with us. I think it is pure plain out great.

I'll admit it, I'm not a political type keep up wit current events type dude. I don't really know anything about B-rack's foriegn policy or anything like that, but I do know that it is a great sign to see the United States of America vote and elect a black man to be a Presidential Candidate....a real choice, not an Alan Keys type dude, but a real Candidate by a Major Party. It gives me hope.

Like maybe my kids won't grow up always feeling like no matter how much they do or how successful they are still just some nigger to a lot of people.

It gives me hope that the black pride movement of the sixties will comeback in......yeah, I might have to go ahead and download some ol' James Brown to the Zune

Say it loud....I'm black and I'm proud!!