Friday, February 29, 2008

A new challenge

So while i was sitting at my desk thinking of new ways to save the world with one analysis at a time (I'm a mechanical engineer working for a department of defense contractor), this great idea came to me. First a little back story:

I've been known to be very random and very impulsive. I guess this idea right here will attest to that. So I need to do something to prove to myself that I can commit to a program and stick with it. I'm putting myself out there to admit that I have had no stability in working out, working, school, and even relationships.

So here's my challenge to myself and to my fellow Team Diesel-ers. Let's get together and train to run a marathon...

Since we are all in different parts of the country, i figured we would each have our own experiences and just more stuff to write about. As the bully would say, running a marathon would give that extra cut (kidna like that young Shark Fin Finley) that we as muscle heads really really want and need.

And I figured three big boys running a marathon is a hell of a task.

I wanna know what the masses think. Here's how i figured it would work out.

1. We pick a major marathon to train for, NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami, Hawaii, etc. Figure out the date and then start training say 6 months to a year out from that date.

I've always been curious of the running culture. You see the commercials, the advertising, etc. Another sad thing to add to this is that I was a 1.5 mile run away from an appointment as an ROTC cadet. I maxed everything out (push ups and sit ups) but sadly I couldn't make the 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes.

Well it's time for the big boys to get it in gear. The Bully is 5'9 bout 240. Big Chris is bout 5'11, 245 and me, I'm 5'11, 235.



Maybe this is the next challenge that we need fellas. Let me know what you think. Everyone else, sound off!

8 comments:

edotcarter said...

Additionally, if we decide this is something we want to do, I'll research the training program and running schedule.

Anonymous said...

I'm down...this is Right up my alley...The above post will attest to that

RAGING BULL said...

Nigga.....I'm 5'9 260

But yeah, I'm down...lets do that shit.

I hear the Disney World Marathon is a ton of fun. Its close to me and you and Big Chris can parlay it into a visit to his folks.

RAGING BULL said...

Ssshhhiiitt, I just left The Shark Fin a voice message. We might have to let him up on here as guru ...Mr. Miagi ...Yoda type nigga of running and shit.

Anonymous said...

YYYYYYAAAYYY I want in I want in

Anonymous said...

Also check this out gents


http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

RAGING BULL said...

Q....that site has been bookmarked on my lap top for like 2.5 years. Its a great site. I haven't finished any of their running programs...I've only attempted to do the couch potato to 5k thing. I'm gonna get back on it...as soon as my knee stops hurting. (Yeah...I'm rockin' the ol' Robo-Knee type knee brace for a few days hopin that will let it heal up some)

RAGING BULL said...

We should take a much more not-gay picture this weekend.